Google AdWords is a tool that anybody can use looking to increase traffic. It can help you with your PPC campaign and also help you to learn how to use the right keywords. If your thinking right now, I don’t need to do page search, then check out my previous blog and you might change your mind. A key benefit of online advertising and SEM is that it allows you to show your ads to the people who are most likely going to be interested. You can also reach potential customers on multiple devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Here are some key benefits of AdWords and how they might help your business:
- Target your ads – AdWords allows you to reach reach the audience you want to reach through different ways of targeting:
- Keywords: Words or phrases relevant to your products and services which are then used when customers search for those terms.
- Ad location: Show your ads on search engines, commercial sites, or personal sites.
- Age location, and language: Choose the age, geographic location, and language of your customers.
- Days, times, and frequency: Show your ads during certain hours or days of the week, and determine how often your ads appear.
- Devices: Your ads can appear on all types of devices and you can even choose which devices your ads appear on and when.
- Control your costs – AdWords lets you control how you spend your money and there is no minimum. This lets you choose how much you want to spend per month, day, or even ad. You also only pay when someone clicks your ad.
- Measure your success – With AdWords, you are able to know if someone clicked your ad, or even clicked your ad and did something valuable like purchasing a product, downloading something, or even phoning in an order.
- Manage your campaigns – AdWords makes it very easy to manage and monitor accounts. The even offer a desktop app called AdWords editor, which allows you to quickly and conveniently make changes to your account.
In order to learn more about the certification, check out the AdWords fundamentals to have a better understanding to be able to pass the exam.
Before you are convinced that AdWords will help you, check out this article that may make you think twice. A lot of times you will have to pay for tons of clicks you have been getting, but won’t be able to get sales out of the deal. It is very important to have a website that is clear and not difficult to buy. Navigation should be easy and clean and the site should load quickly while showing the products or services prominently. Using AdWords to get prospective customers to your site is just square one, having good content and being optimized mobilly is becoming increasingly more important.
Overall, if AdWords is used correctly, you should be able to increase traffic first and foremost and follow that with increased conversions.